We constantly add new beers to our taproom lineup. Many of these beers will never make it beyond the four walls of the brewery – unless, of course, it leaves in your growler.
Fresh beer from the source is reason #1 to visit Penrose. So grab a growler, keep it clean, keep it cold and enjoy it responsibly.”
- A clean growler is a happy growler (and the ONLY kind we fill).
We reserve the right to refuse a growler fill if we feel your growler is not clean.
Growler Cleaning Tips
- The easiest way to clean your growler is to rinse thoroughly with hot water immediately after finishing it. To ensure a thorough clean, rinse twice, then store the growler upside down on a drying rack that allows air to circulate throughout.
- If you use your growler often, you will want to periodically use a sanitizer to get a better clean. We recommend using Star San – cleaning directions provided on the bottle.
- If for whatever reason, a growler wasn’t properly cleaned immediately after finishing, you may need a brush + sanitizer to ensure a proper clean.
2. We will fill “non-Penrose” branded growlers, but reserve the right to refuse a growler fill if it fails to meet our safety requirements (cracked, chipped, or visibly scarred from poor handling) or if the vessel is of non-standard size / proper quality. We will not fill a clear growler of any kind.
3. Keep Your Filled Growler Cold and Fresh.
– Do not leave your growler in a hot car or in direct sunlight.
– We highly recommend you drink your growler within 24-48 hours.
– Once a growler is open, drink it, share it, love it – but do it right away.
4. Not all our beers are available for growler fills.