We constantly add new beers to our taproom lineup. Many of these beers will never make it beyond the four walls of the brewery - unless, of course, it leaves in your growler.
Fresh beer from the source is reason #1 to visit Penrose. But if you plan to take our tasty beer home with you, please understand this privilege is not without a fair amount of responsibility. We understand it is our sole purpose in life to provide you pleasure in fermented form, and so long as you follow these 3 simple rules, we should be able to do just that.
Our 3 Simple Rules
- A clean growler is a happy growler (and the ONLY kind we fill).
- We highly recommend you drink your growler within 24-48 hours.
- Once a growler is open, drink it, share it, love it – but do it right away.
We always prefer to send you home with at least one full growler, but here are a few things that could prevent us from doing that.
- We reserve the right to refuse a growler fill if we feel your growler is not clean. Check out our Growler Cleaning Tips for more info.
- We cannot and will not fill a growler that is cracked, chipped, or visibly scarred from poor handling. Check out our Growler Handling Tips for more info.
- We will fill "non-Penrose" branded growlers, but reserve the right to refuse a growler fill if it fails to meet any of the above mentioned safety requirements or if the vessel is of non-standard size / proper quality. We will not fill a clear growler of any kind.
- Not all our beers are available for growler fills.
Growler Cleaning Tips
- The easiest way to clean your growler is to rinse thoroughly with hot water immediately after finishing it. To ensure a thorough clean, rinse twice, then store the growler upside down on a drying rack that allows air to circulate throughout.
- If you use your growler often, you will want to periodically use a sanitizer to get a better clean. We recommend using Star San - cleaning directions provided on the bottle.
- If for whatever reason, a growler wasn’t properly cleaned immediately after finishing, you may need a brush + sanitizer to ensure a proper clean.
Growler Handling Tips
- Do not leave your growler in a hot car.
- Do not at anytime toss, juggle, or throw your growler.
- Do not leave a full growler in direct sunlight.