Position: Taproom Bartender
This position will assist with day-to-day operations in the taproom as well as event operations.
- Serve beer for on-site consumption and to-go during normal business hours
- Assist with cleaning/maintenance of taproom and adjacent spaces
- Assist with merchandise organization, inventory and sales
- Assist with brewery tours as needed
- Assist with opening/closing taproom when necessary
- Assist with on-site event operations
- Must be 21 years of age or older to serve alcohol and also collect payment on premises
- Adopt the Penrose culture and portray a positive company image to the public
- Ability to carry on intelligent conversation about beer styles and interpret customer need
- General understanding of brewing process
- Understanding of draught equipment and maintenance
- Within 30 days of hire, will need to pass BASSET certification exam
- Within 60 days of hire, will need to pass Cicerone Beer Server Certification
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 35 lb. cases of beer, move 165 lb. kegs of beer, and 50 lb. boxes of merchandise
- Flexibility to work non-standard work hours and alternate locations for events as necessary
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions associated with the position.
Interested? Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.